Troopy rear <span class="highlight">LED</span> <span class="highlight">light</span> removal

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012 at 18:39
ThreadID: 99352 Views:3736 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, am wanting to run a cable from a roof rack mounted solar panel on my troopy, down into the vehicle.
One option rather than drilling a hole through the roof could be to run the cable through the housing of the LED stoplight which sits above the rear barn doors.
I have looked all over the light housing and behind it from inside, but for the life of me cannot see how its attached.
Has anyone taken one off/apart who could give me an idea how to do it.

(I hate seeing wires anywhere so will go to great lengths to hide them)

Cheers
Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Walter H (WA) - Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012 at 20:17

Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012 at 20:17
G'day Craig...i know what you mean about unsightly wires as i also like to hide them....as for the light removal on your troopy, you have lever the red reflector of the black base as it is held in place by a clip at each end over time they can get a bit rusty and they can be a bugger to remove. But if your a member ot the LCOC and type in what your after there are photo's of the light removal.

Cheers
AnswerID: 499865

Follow Up By: craigandej - Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012 at 21:18

Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012 at 21:18
Thanks Walter, just the info I was after. Will have a look and see if this wiring route is suitable.

Cheers
FollowupID: 775861

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012 at 22:27

Wednesday, Dec 05, 2012 at 22:27
I thought the fixings are hide under the roof lining inside?
Run your fingers along the lining inside and you should be able to feel the screw/bolt heads.
You will have to peel the lining away to access them.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 499874

Sponsored Links